Director of Customer Success
We are no longer accepting new applications for this position.
Given our business model, where our customers pay us over time, Customer Success is absolutely vital to our long-term profitability. We will not be successful unless our customers are receiving massive value from our service. As such, we need an experienced executive to own the responsibility of driving success for our customers. This role includes responsibilities for Customer Success activities (e.g., onboarding, support, services, adoption, advocacy, retention, etc.) and outcomes (e.g., renewals, up-sells, etc.).
The Director of Customer Success will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of the Customer Success Department including responding to, assigning priority to, and escalation of tickets. This person will also serve as the executive point of contact for key accounts while being an advocate for all clients.
In addition to the tactical management of the Customer Success Department, they will also be responsible for helping cultivate and inspire a culture of success across the entire organization and to build a recruitment and hiring process that allows Craftpeak to develop world-class Customer Success managers and representatives.
This position calls for broad knowledge of the digital landscape and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Qualified candidates must be tech-savvy professionals who are methodical and excellent at time and resource management, and exhibit the ability to manage several different tasks with varying life cycles. Top candidates will have an ability to develop data-driven insights and to establish and communicate key performance indicators internally and externally.
Compensation for this role will be based on comparable positions in the Asheville, NC market and the level of candidate experience. Additional benefits include a flexible work schedule, the ability to work from home, and paid vacation.
- Drive Customer Success outcomes
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn
- Expand our revenue in accounts through cross-sell and up-sell
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Define and optimize the customer lifecycle
- Map customer journeys
- Develop listening points in the customer journey (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.)
- Standardize interventions for each point in the journey
- Define segmentation of customer base and varying strategies
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Learn from best practices in the industry
- Manage Customer Success activities
- Professional Services
- Customer Support
- Customer Success Management
- Cross-sell / Up-sell
- Measure effectiveness of Customer Success
- Define operational metrics for the team
- Establish a system for tracking metrics
- Create cadence for review within the team
- Expose a subset of metrics to the executive team, company, and board
- Lead a world-class Customer Success team
- Recruit experienced humans for each functional role
- Attract high potential individual contributors into team
- Create rapid onboarding process for new team members
- Foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
- Encourage continuous learning within team
- Enhance effectiveness and efficiency through technology
- Support systems
- Customer marketing software
- Reference and advocacy solutions
- Customer Success Management platform
- Inspire Customer Success across the company
- Create a company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Align with Marketing around marketing to existing clients
- Align with Product around driving the product roadmap
- Align with Sales around cross-sell and up-sell and focus on selling with a retention focus
- Align with Finance around measurement and forecasting
- Align with the Executive team around key metrics and objectives
- Drive company-wide definition of the ideal customer
Required Professional Skills:
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity, transparency, and professionalism
- Ability to be a self-starter and thrive in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience and proficiency working directly with clients
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple success initiatives
- Solid foundation as a Project Manager
- Experience using Help Desk and Ticketing Systems
- Ability to budget and forecast effectively
- Interest in working remotely
- App Design & Development
- Asana, or similar PM tools
- Experience with Agile and lean methodologies
- Working in a startup environment
- Passion for Craft Beer!
Craftpeak is a rapidly growing technology startup, based in Asheville, NC founded in 2016. We invite you to join the revolution!
Craft Beer and the regulated beverage industry is going through a massive digital transformation. At Craftpeak we are leading the charge, building innovative technology solutions that are changing the way people buy, sell, and market beer online. Today, we are working with over 160 of the top craft beer brands and are looking for amazing humans that can help us continue our growth and expansion into new craft markets!
At Craftpeak we are led by our core values and are obsessed with helping our clients grow and giving back to our employees, community, and the planet. You will be joining our team of passionate professionals as a critical member of our team.
If you love craft beer, have a penchant for creating market disruption through innovative technology, and crave an opportunity to be part of a growing company where you can make a significant impact, this might be the perfect fit for you.
At Craftpeak we believe that creativity thrives on diversity. We aim to encourage and empower employees, clients, and partners of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, race, color, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. We encourage applicants who are Black, Asian, Latinx, Native American, Pacific Islander and all other nationalities and races to apply. We are a safe place and our goal is to make the world safer along our journey. We are against hate and bigotry in all its forms.