This position has been filled, thank you for your interest!
Senior PHP Developer
This is a remote, full-time position. We are looking for a talented Sr. Level PHP Developer who is interested in tackling interesting problems at scale, improving existing platform code, and building new and innovative features for our team and customers. You will be writing Object Oriented/Modern PHP for existing and new WordPress and Laravel applications. Existing experience with custom WordPress Plugin & Theme development, WooCommerce, and Roots will help with these tasks. The candidate will deploying code using CI/CD systems, collaborating with other developers using GitHub, and at times reviewing and improving code from others.
As a Sr. PHP Developer with Craftpeak, you will work directly with the Technical Director to build, test, and launch new features, improve functionality, and suggest enhancements to our existing applications. When issues arise, this position will require the candidate to use their expert debugging and critical thinking skills to identify causes for issue and help reach a lasting resolution or solution. The candidate will have a passion for writing quality code that works at scale, and an ability to accurately estimate effort and timeline to keep Craftpeak’s development initiatives moving forward. The Sr. Developer should not only be excited to improve both new/existing code and processes, but also to document those for the rest of the team. They may also need to occasionally answer or resolve a top-level technical question from a customer on behalf of our support team.
This position calls for broad knowledge of the digital landscape and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Qualified candidates must be tech-savvy professionals who are methodical and excellent at time and resource management, and exhibit the ability to manage several different tasks with varying life cycles.
Compensation for this role will be based on comparable positions in the Asheville, NC market and the level of candidate experience. Additional benefits include a flexible work schedule, the ability to work from home, and paid vacation.
- Define and deliver solutions to move Craftpeak development initiatives forward
- Estimate effort to complete development work, and clearly communicate the status, blockers, and possible technical or non-technical barriers to the completion of that work
- Help to ensure Craftpeak’s platform is operational and running optimally
- Deploy code and setup build, test, and staging environments
- Enforce coding best practices and testing requirements
- Improve internal development systems and processes
- Assist other Craftpeak team members with various technical tasks
- Create technical documentation
Required Professional Skills:
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity, transparency, and professionalism
- Ability to be a self-starter and thrive in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience and proficiency working directly with clients
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Interest in working remotely
Required Technical Skills:
- Object Oriented PHP Development
- Custom WordPress Development
- Passion for performant and elegant solutions
- Debugging skills
- Testing (Load, Unit, Functional, and/or Regression)
- Local Development, CI/CDs, and maintaining multiple environments
- Technical Documentation
- Laravel Development
- WordPress Multisite
- Roots (roots.io) tools
- Stripe, Square, or similar payment APIs
- SSO/Auth0 implementations
- Help desks / ticketing systems
- Working in a startup environment
- Passion for Craft Beer!
About our stack:
The Craftpeak website and e-commerce platform is built on a WordPress multisite deployed by CI/CD and hosted on scalable architecture powered by AWS/Google Cloud, Redis, Cloudflare, and other performance layers. It is based off of a Roots Bedrock stack. We use existing open source and premium plugins, as well as custom developed plugins, themes, and additional functionality that all makes up the Craftpeak platform. We also have other projects/microservices developed using Laravel, React, Algolia, Google Places APIs, Mapbox APIs, Cloudflare workers, and more. We are interested in exploring how to scale WordPress more performantly using things like Laravel, React, Elasticsearch, Headless WordPress, Gutenberg, GraphQL, and other technologies.
Craftpeak is a rapidly growing technology startup, based in Asheville, NC founded in 2016. We invite you to join the revolution!
Craft Beer and the regulated beverage industry is going through a massive digital transformation. At Craftpeak we are leading the charge, building innovative technology solutions that are changing the way people buy, sell, and market beer online. Today, we are working with over 120 of the top craft beer brands and are looking for amazing humans that can help us continue our growth and expansion into new craft markets!
At Craftpeak we are led by our core values and are obsessed with helping our clients grow and giving back to our employees, community, and the planet. You will be joining our team of passionate professionals as a critical member of our development team.
If you love craft beer, have a penchant for creating market disruption through innovative technology, and crave an opportunity to be part of a growing company where you can make a significant impact, this might be the perfect fit for you.
At Craftpeak we believe that creativity thrives on diversity. We aim to encourage and empower employees, clients, and partners of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, race, color, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. We encourage applicants who are Black, Asian, Latinx, Native American, Pacific Islander and all other nationalities and races to apply. We are a safe place and our goal is to make the world safer along our journey. We are against hate and bigotry in all its forms.
Please send an email to [email protected] with your resume, experience, and anything else you’d like to add such as your favorite Craft Beer!