This position has been filled, thank you for your interest!
Technical Support Human / Jr. Developer
This is a remote, part-time contract position. We are looking for a highly motivated problem-solver that enjoys helping clients and our internal development teams investigate and resolve a variety of challenges. We are looking for a team player that is inspired to delight customers and interested in expanding and advancing their technical skills. Qualified candidates should have previous experience working with WordPress websites and intermediate-level WordPress development experience.
As a Technical Support / Jr. WordPress Developer with Craftpeak, you will report directly to the Technical Director and work with Craftpeak clients to help reach resolutions to their technical requests, as well as assist the development team with various tasks including minor code changes and testing. You will help ensure that support issues are replied to and resolved on time, in scope, and on budget, while meeting or exceeding Craftpeak quality standards.
This position calls for broad knowledge of the digital landscape and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Qualified candidates must be tech-savvy professionals who are methodical and excellent at time and resource management, and exhibit the ability to manage several different tasks with varying life cycles.
Top candidates will have some experience working with WordPress custom themes or plugin code and exposure to Git/Github, WooCommerce, and other QA and testing protocols.
- Resolve technical client requests in our ticket system (HelpScout) in a timely manner.
- Prioritize, organize, and communicate issues that require escalation to the Technical Director.
- Support our Development Team with code changes, research and development, updates, testing, and other technical tasks for either client sites or internal projects.
- Assist other Craftpeak team members with various technical tasks.
- Create support and process documentation
Required Professional Skills:
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity, transparency, and professionalism
- Ability to be a self-starter and thrive in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience and proficiency working directly with clients
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Required Technical Skills:
- Familiar with content management systems and website technologies
- WordPress Development Experience (at least one year)
- Custom Theme / Plugin building experience (this can be basic)
- Passion around great User Experience (UX) and site usability
- Experience/interest in working remotely
- Experience with WordPress page builders
- Full proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Experience using Git/GitHub
- Experience with WooCommerce
- Experience with Testing / QA
- Experience using a help desk / ticketing system
- Experience using the Beaver Builder plugin
- Experience with e-commerce reporting
- Experience with WordPress Multisite
- Experience with Roots (roots.io) tools
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Passion for Craft Beer!
Compensation & Schedule
We are looking to pay $25 – $30 an hour (based on experience and skillset) for this position, with a guaranteed 20 hours a week. Because this is a support position, we would prefer availability every day of the week, but we can be flexible, and very flexible on hours!
Craftpeak is an Asheville-based technology startup that develops innovative e-commerce and web solutions for craft breweries. We are humbled to work alongside some of the world’s top craft beer brands. We are looking for bright, enthusiastic, creative, professionals to work with our close-knit team to help us grow and scale.
Please send an email to [email protected] with your resume, experience, and anything else you’d like to add such as your favorite Craft Beer!